Saturday, December 13, 2014
Friday, December 12, 2014
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Mr. Berninger uses an app called Remind, which makes it possible to send send a single text message that goes to the whole group. To sign up for this free service, go here. The widget below shows the most recent text messages that have gone out.
For guidance with everything other than registration, please meet with your Faculty Mentor at least once per semester.
Go here for mentors' contact info.
Assignments are as follows.
- student (concentration) -- mentor
- Sarai Arroyo (CW) -- John High
- Jocelyn Baskett (Lit) -- Srividhya Swaminathan
- Krista Benitez (WR) -- Michael Bokor
- Barrington Boothe (WR) -- John Killoran
- Stephen Cadavillo (Lit) -- Patrick Horrigan
- Fanta Camara (Lit) -- Sealy Gilles
- Alexa Carter-Rodriguez (CW) -- John High
- Melissa Clermont (Lit) -- Donald McCrary
- Stacy D'Cunha (Lit) -- Carol Allen
- Ralph Dorsinville (Lit) -- Jonathan Haynes
- Kathryn Dure (Lit) -- Sealy Gilles
- Laquesha Ekowo (CW) -- John High
- Celina Flores (CW) -- Lewis Warsh
- Alicia Folk (WR) -- Donald McCrary
- Kristin Griffith (Lit) -- Maria McGarrity
- Candace Harris (Lit) -- Louis Parascandola
- Kristen Heim (Lit) -- Srividhya Swaminathan
- Joy Jackson (WR) -- Michael Bokor
- Joann Jeannot (Lit) -- Leah Dilworth
- Donte'Sha Jones (CW) -- Lewis Warsh
- Leatrice Jones (Lit) -- Michael Bennett
- Yu June Lee (WR) -- Michael Bokor
- Madison Lukosius (WR) -- John Killoran
- Keila Matthews (Lit) -- Louis Parascandola
- Jessica Montrose (Lit) -- Sealy Gilles
- Muzahid ("Jahid") Mowla (WR) -- Patricia Stephens
- Rose Nash (Lit) -- Michael Bennett
- Warline Norzeus (Lit) -- Carol Allen
- Jessica Persaud (CW) -- John High
- Brittany Rader (WR) -- John Killoran
- Rebecca Rimple (CW) -- Lewis Warsh
- Anisha Robertson (WR) -- Deborah Mutnick
- Daniel Rosenberg (CW) -- Lewis Warsh
- Roksolana Sheverack (Lit) -- Leah Dilworth
- Mahima Singh (Lit) -- Bernard Schweizer
- Tashawana Smith (WR) -- Patricia Stephens
- Miguel Sosa (WR) -- Donald McCrary
- Aaron Stewart (CW) -- John High
- Shannon Thomas (WR) -- Wayne Berninger
- Remson Younge (WR) -- Deborah Mutnick
Congratulations to Diane Quin (formerly Diane Macaraeg) on the publication of her new collection of short stories Polite Conversation About the Weather (Second Wind Publishing, 2014)! Diane is an alumna (2006) of the English Department's creative writing program.
Patricia Stephens , LIU Brooklyn Writing Center Director, has been elected to a two-year term as At Large Representative on the Board of the International Writing Centers Association.
Daniel Soto, graduate student in the English Department, will be writing a series of articles for Latino Rebels. The series will address the question of how gentrification affects New York City's underground and cultural production. Read the first entry in the series here.
Patrick E. Horrigan (Professor, English Department, LIU Brooklyn) and Eduardo Leanez invite you to
ACTORS WITH ACCENTS
Please join us to celebrate another year of ACTORS WITH ACCENTS! It's a party with performances by Chia-lun Chang (Creative Writing MFA, LIU Brooklyn), Lara Gagrica, Gregory Couba, Pia Haddad, Eduardo Leanez, Rina Mejia, Mirla Pereira, and Wilfred Serrano. There will be food, drink, and plenty of opportunity to meet and talk with other artists and performers.
Saturday, December 13, 2014
7-10 PM (performance to start at 8 PM)
Teatro Circulo @ 64 East 4th St. between 2nd and 3rd Ave., 3rd floor; New York, NY 10003
Admission: FREE! (but donations are welcome)
Like us on Facebook: Actors with Accents.
Follow us on Twitter: @actorswaccents
For more information, or to find out how to participate in an upcoming ACTORS WITH ACCENTS, visit us on Facebook or email us at email@example.com.
Monday, December 1, 2014
Barbara Henning (Professor Emerita, English, LIU Brooklyn) will offer the final workshop in the current College of Poetry series on Saturday, December 6, at 1:00 p.m. at the Seligmann Center for the Arts, 23 White Oak Drive, Sugar Loaf, New York (across from the SLPAC). The program is free and open to all. No preregistration is required.